There is so much uncertainty going on at the moment. When things feel uncertain for us we can feel lost. Todays blog is about identifying things that will help us re-focus, feel grounded and find the silver lining in being at home and how you can make the most of it.
While you’re at home, here are some ideas of things you can do…
- Learn a new recipe – get into the kitchen and start experimenting.
- Go green – build your own veggie garden! This is a great learning activity for the kids too with an added bonus of getting some vitamin D.
- Read all the books – The books that you say “I’ll read one day”.. now is the day.
- Have a dance party – Alone. With the kids. Or if your up to the challenge, upload a video of yourself dancing to your favourite tunes, challenge your mates by tagging them and then tag @kat.john and #zftuesday.
- Enrol in an online course – now you have the time to study or learn something new.
- Workout – Join an online platform, such as ours StrengthCity #StrongerToegether
- Deep clean the house – enough said.
- Renovate – all those DIY projects.
- Have a spa day at home – mani/pedi ahhhhh
- Organise your phone and computer – delete files and photos no longer needed and organise content into folders.
- Start writing a book – if you have ever wanted to do this, now is the time.
- Learn a new language, how to macrame or paint – creating creative outlets and getting the kids involved too.
- Listen to podcasts – something uplifting and inspiring, educational or funny!
- Keep in touch – all those people that you’ve been saying to yourself over the weeks, months or even year “I should call…”
- Watch an inspiring Ted Talk – so many to choose from!
- Do some yoga – Our StrengthCity Online Platform has two live Yoga Sessions every week.
- Learn to meditate – We like Insight Timer, Calm and Headspace.
- Create a vision board – or a vision book. Goals might have shifted a bit but that doesn’t mean you cant be inspired everyday.
- Soak in a bath – bliss.
- Play new games with the kids – we played airports, made play dough, an obstacle course outside, cubby house.. endless activties.
There are so many other things that we could be spending our days doing.
The universe has decided that we must slow down and question what we are doing. If we start tapping into all these fun and fulfilling things, then maybe this is an opportunity to start designing a life that we absolutely love.
Remember, we can choose whether this time is lonely, stressful or overwhelming or fun, productive and wholesome.